Recipe by Derf
This is a wonderful dinner/luncheon salad!! from Christine Makuch of Woman's Day mag.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Another wonderful dish by chef Dorothy Parks! This salad is visually pleasing, and wonderfuly seasoned. The Italian dressing is a nice flavor combined with the artichokes. I used frozen corn, thawed, just because I thought it would give a bit of crunch. It worked well. Next time I make this I might add a little red chile flakes. This is a great salad, and I want to thank you for sharing.
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 (9 ounce) container bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 large kirby cucumber, diced (1 1/2 cups, pickling)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canvacuum packed kernel corn
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Put all ingredients except lettuce into a large bowl and toss to mix and coat.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates.