Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my very own recipe. I originally created it to feed preschoolers but discovered it was a favorate of all ages, the caterers even asked for the recipe to serve at our wedding! It is a very fresh, crisp and delightfully healthy salad that can also be enjoyed as a salsa when served with chips. (This makes a large salad, servings are estimated)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch celery, coarsley chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- sugar, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except sugar and vinegar, in a large bowl.
- Create a simple vinegrette by adding sugar to the vinegar one tbsp at a time. Mix well and taste after each sugar addition until it pleases your pallet.
- Pour vinegrette over salad and mix well. Serve immideately.
This is a great recipe (especially for summer time)! Wonderful to make for a dinner party. We ate it as a side dish, and also in a salsa type fashion with chips! Great, both ways! Next time, I'll leave out the sugar, because the veggies we use are sweet enough for me. Thanks for posting! We'll enjoy this one a lot! :)