Recipe by TLu
I had a very similiar salad when I was in Costa Rica. I use it for a side dish but most people start scooping it up with tortilla chips, crackers, raw veggies, tortillas or arepas like a salsa. The seasonings can be adjusted for your taste. Great vegetarian dish.
- 1 medium jicama, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, do not drain
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced*
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the onion in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Drain, set aside.
- Mix together jicama, black beans, mangoes, onion,and jalepeno.
- Sprinkle mixture with cumin.
- Pour lime juice and olive oil over mixture.
- Mix and garnish as desired.
- I use a mango fan or jicama cut with a cookie cutter.
- This gets better as the flavors blend.
- * Can be adjusted to suit your taste.