Light & refreshing . . . perfect for a pot luck!
Make and share this Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh preferred but frozen or canned can be substituted)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped (for less heat substitute a green pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 9 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the beans, corn, red pepper, onion and poblano pepper.
- Sprinkle in cilantro.
- Set aside.
- In small jar mix together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, shallots, cayenne pepper, salt, cumin and shake.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top before serving.