Recipe by little_wing
Healthy, easy and delicious. Great with left over cold turkey or chicken. Sometimes we add mango or some other fruit instead of tomatoes.
- 3 teaspoons lime juice or 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed (3c.)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In small bowl stir together lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until salt dissolves.
- Slowly whisk in oil until mixture thickens.
- In large bowl combine beans, tomatoes, scallions, yellow or green pepper and cilantro or parsley.
- Toss with dressing to coat.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.