Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy, easy and delicious. Great with left over cold turkey or chicken. Sometimes we add mango or some other fruit instead of tomatoes.
- 3 teaspoons lime juice or 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed (3c.)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In small bowl stir together lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until salt dissolves.
- Slowly whisk in oil until mixture thickens.
- In large bowl combine beans, tomatoes, scallions, yellow or green pepper and cilantro or parsley.
- Toss with dressing to coat.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
This salad was very good. The next time I make it, I think I'll double the amount of dressing to give it z bit more zing. Thanks for the recipe.
Very good for a black bean salad I think! DD1 (5 years old) and DD2 (15 months) liked it as well. I made double the amount of dressing as another reviewer indicated they would do next time.I used freshly squeezed lemon juice, organic garlic cloves, sea salt, to taste, freshly cracked pepper, organic light tasting extra virgin olive oil, Eden black beans, organic tomatoes chopped to size, organic scallions, no bell pepper, double organic cilantro or more! Plus the rest of the ingredients. I will make this again the same way. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.
This is a terrific recipe! I had one pound of home cooked black beans to use up, so I tripled the ingredients and increased the dressing x 6 (I used lime juice). It turned out awesome!! I did add a packet of stevia and a bit of agave syrup for a touch of sweetness. It was great as a filling for tortillas (I warmed a flour tortilla, put the bean mix inside with some Mexican cheese) and it made a great, fast meal. When it got down to the nibs, I cooked a small amount of miniature fusilli pasta and it made superb pasta salad! If you are going to use it for pasta salad, I would increase the dressing even further. It would also be great as a side dish or dip for tortilla chips. Little-wing, thanks for the recipe!!