Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always cook extra rice so I can make this salad the next day.
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 2 cups canned black beans, rinse & drained,checked
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix the beans, rice, and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Place the lime juice in a small bowl and whisk in the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and toss with the rice and beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
THIS... THIS...Oh MY!!! WOW! I LOVED it!!! It's so simple and wonderful and delicious!!! I added a fresh jalapeno for and extra kick. What a great pick-me-up from a not so grand day! Thank you so much for this recipe! This will be going on the books and showing up at the annual Traynor Christmas party!!! I have a Mexican theme most of the time so this will be awesome!! Wahoo!
I can't understand how something so simple and yet so delicious has passed me by so long. Not anymore! This is going to become a staple in our weekly meals. I just made this last night and there wasn't any left to take to work today, sigh... Black beans aren't readily available where I live, so I used 1 cup of cooked red beans and 1 cup of cooked chickpeas. It's really the cilantro that is the star of this dish! I used a garlic flavored oil, and tossed in just a hint of crushed red pepper flakes. Thanks again, Dancer, you've always come through for me!
Terrific tasting recipe. I used canned dark red kidney beans (my favorite). I also added some cumin and chili powder to the dressing. A freshly chopped jalapeno really gave it some zing!