Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious relish to use for Macadamia Nut Crusted Crab Cakes (recipe posted separately). Can also be used as a relish for grilled chicken.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 medium red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄4 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large non-reactive bowl.
- Relish can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated.
- Stir occasionally and remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving.