1/1 Photo of Black Bean Quinoa Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Anne Sainz's Note:
This was adapted from a recipe on drfuhrman.com. I simplified the instructions to make it easier to prepare…..For each can of low sodium broth, I substitute 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon Vegizest from drfuhrman.com and 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional).....You can reduce prep time by using frozen pre-chopped vegetables and jarred garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml dried cilantro
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 (850.48 g) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 59.14 ml quinoa, rinsed
- 3 (1275.72 g) can low sodium vegetable broth
- 141.74 g frozen chopped spinach (I use cut leaf)
- 14.79 ml lime juice (to taste) (optional)
- 1Chop onion, bell pepper, garlic and carrot and put in large soup pot (at least 6 quarts).
- 2Add diced tomato, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, red pepper flakes and beans to soup pot.
- 3Add quinoa and broth to soup pot.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- 5Add spinach and lime juice and cook until spinach is thawed, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Quinoa Soup
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium black beans
low sodium vegetable broth