Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 (14 ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat.
- Place tofu on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté tofu 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, basil, and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk until blended.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Cook lima beans according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Cool completely.
- Add the lima beans, tofu, chopped tomato, green onions, chopped carrot, and black beans to quinoa mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to serve.