Recipe by chelseas
Healthy and tasty - these are also good with some fresh or frozen spinach thrown in for a tasty way to sneak in some more veggies.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 ounces black beans, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and the garlic; saute 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup salsa, cumin, and beans, and bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thick. Mash the bean mixture slightly. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and cheese.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over 2 tortilla, top each with another tortilla, pressing gently.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 quesadilla and cook 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining oil and quesadilla. Cut each quesadilla into 6 sections. Serve with sour-cream and salsa.