Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Saute onions and peppers in skillet coated with vegetable spray until tender.
- Add seasonings and black beans and warm beans through.
- Remove to bowl.
- Place one tortilla in skillet, add bean mixture, cheese and other tortilla.
- Heat until tortilla starts to crisp.
- Then flip over and heat other side til crisp.
- This is a little messy, but good.
- Remove to plate, cut into wedges with pizza cutter and serve with salsa and lowfat sour cream.
Really quick and really good! The veggies stay crisp and the black beans are a firm bite with a nutty, creamy taste which is just great. I paired this with a roasted chipotle salsa and had a wonderful lunch. While this was a perfect week day lunch for one, it could easily be scaled up and made into a family dinner by adding a nice green salad. I can see adding some sliced grilled chicken for a heartier meal... hey, great recipe that is easily adaptable and is clearly a springboard for other meal ideas!
Very good! It was nice and quick and filling!