Top Review by rsarahl
Really quick and really good! The veggies stay crisp and the black beans are a firm bite with a nutty, creamy taste which is just great. I paired this with a roasted chipotle salsa and had a wonderful lunch. While this was a perfect week day lunch for one, it could easily be scaled up and made into a family dinner by adding a nice green salad. I can see adding some sliced grilled chicken for a heartier meal... hey, great recipe that is easily adaptable and is clearly a springboard for other meal ideas!
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and peppers in skillet coated with vegetable spray until tender.
- Add seasonings and black beans and warm beans through.
- Remove to bowl.
- Place one tortilla in skillet, add bean mixture, cheese and other tortilla.
- Heat until tortilla starts to crisp.
- Then flip over and heat other side til crisp.
- This is a little messy, but good.
- Remove to plate, cut into wedges with pizza cutter and serve with salsa and lowfat sour cream.