Recipe by Patt Ervasti
These are a simple appetizer.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
I eat black bean quesadillas a lot ~ To this very basic recipe, I baked large flour tortillas folded over the black bean mixture and cheese, added slivered onion and a small microwaved sweet potato sliced into rounds. I cut the quesadilla into four wedges, and garnished them with salsa, sour cream, sliced avocado, and lots of cilantro! It made a VERY TASTY quick meal ~ Made for my Preemie Adoption, Spring PAC 2012.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 6 tortillas (6 inch)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mash the drianed and rinsed beans.
- Add salsa and mix together.
- Place 1/2 of the tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Put equal amounts of bean mixture on each tortilla.
- Put equal amounts of shredded cheese on top of beans.
- Cover with remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve. You may serve with additional salsa and low-fat sour cream.
- Notes: May use flour or corn tortillas instead of whole wheat.