Recipe by Scrapbook Lori
This recipe is from Light and Tasty magazine. It makes a wonderful low fat appetizer and you can add Chicken, beef, etc and change out veggies as you like. Enjoy!
Top Review by Smilynn
This was so tasty and simple to prepare. I added a small amount of green bell pepper that I had leftover as well as the yellow pepper. I used white onion and a canned diced tomatoes, well drained and a mexican blend cheese I had on hand. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the black beans, pepper, and salt.
- Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Spritz 1 side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture onto half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla over filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.