Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Light and Tasty magazine. It makes a wonderful low fat appetizer and you can add Chicken, beef, etc and change out veggies as you like. Enjoy!
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the black beans, pepper, and salt.
- Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Spritz 1 side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture onto half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla over filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This was so tasty and simple to prepare. I added a small amount of green bell pepper that I had leftover as well as the yellow pepper. I used white onion and a canned diced tomatoes, well drained and a mexican blend cheese I had on hand. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.
A Yummy way to use beans! Best if cooked in the oven like the instructions say. If you put them in the microwave untill the cheese is melted they are messy.