Scrapbook Lori's Note:
This recipe is from Light and Tasty magazine. It makes a wonderful low fat appetizer and you can add Chicken, beef, etc and change out veggies as you like. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 3Add the black beans, pepper, and salt.
- 4Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
- 5Spritz 1 side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Spoon mixture onto half of each tortilla.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Fold tortilla over filling.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- 10Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 369.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g