Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted and tried as a snack while playing cards with friends. I didn't have any canned refried black beans and used Refried Beans the easy (but tasty) Way (minus the cheese on top) in this recipe. I also used Canned Basic Salsa (Canned Basic Salsa) for the salsa with excellent results. I made 2 quesadillas and cut into 8 portions each, and they were gobbled up in no time. This is a quick and easy option for an appetizer, snack, or meal.
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-fat refried black beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole (use prepared or your favorite recipe)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay 1 tortilla on a clean work surface.
- Spread the beans evenly over the tortilla.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of salsa over the beans, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Top with the second tortilla.
- Place the quesadilla on a foil-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is crisp and brown.
- Meanwhile, swirl the guacamole and sour cream together in a small bowl.
- Cut the quesadilla into 4 equal portions and transfer to a plate.
- Serve with the guacamole mixture and remaining 1/4 cup of salsa.