Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Fitness magazine. A healthy alternative to takeout!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces pizza dough (either regular or whole-wheat)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. and place an empty baking sheet on the middle rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine the blackbeans, corn, tomatoes, scallions, cumin, chili powder, avocado, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to warmed baking sheet and crimp the edges slightly to form a lip at the edge of the crust. Top with black bean mixture, sprinkle with the cheese and bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.