Top Review by melissa hanmer
This is a fantastic pizza dough. It is easy to make, with ingridents that are on hand. The dough was a little sticky, and had to adjust the amount of water, but it all worked out in the end. Once I rolled out the dough, I grilled it on my grill top pan ( the kind that covers two burners). I roasted onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes. Once one side of the crust was done, I flipped it, added the roasted vegetables, black beans, corn, and mozerello cheese. Absolutly incredible!!!!!
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup pureed black beans (if use canned beans, rinse and drain first)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and knead all ingredients (I used my bread machine).
- Let rise 50-60 minutes.
- Roll dough on a cornmeal-covered counter.
- Place dough in pizza pan.
- For a thin, crispy crust, place toppings on dough and bake immediately.
- For a thicker, chewier crust, allow dough to rise 15-30 minutes before adding toppings.
- Place pizza on the bottom rack of oven (Preheated to 500°F) 5-10 minutes.
- We filled our pizzas with pizza sauce, rest of the black beans, tomatoes, zucchini, onions.