- Combine and knead all ingredients (I used my bread machine).
- Let rise 50-60 minutes.
- Roll dough on a cornmeal-covered counter.
- Place dough in pizza pan.
- For a thin, crispy crust, place toppings on dough and bake immediately.
- For a thicker, chewier crust, allow dough to rise 15-30 minutes before adding toppings.
- Place pizza on the bottom rack of oven (Preheated to 500°F) 5-10 minutes.
- We filled our pizzas with pizza sauce, rest of the black beans, tomatoes, zucchini, onions.
This is a fantastic pizza dough. It is easy to make, with ingridents that are on hand. The dough was a little sticky, and had to adjust the amount of water, but it all worked out in the end. Once I rolled out the dough, I grilled it on my grill top pan ( the kind that covers two burners). I roasted onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes. Once one side of the crust was done, I flipped it, added the roasted vegetables, black beans, corn, and mozerello cheese. Absolutly incredible!!!!!
I absolutely despise black beans...BUT this pizza crust is magnificent!!! I let mine sit overnight and it turned out more chewy than I like, but it was still very good. The toppings I chose were: zucchini (1/4 sliced), red onion (thinly sliced rings), black olives and tomato paste for the sauce. It was a HUGE hit at work!
IT is a good crust, but one would expect something special from the black beans. It was rare for me to notice them.