Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Chinese classic paste for seafood and meats dished.
- 16 ounces preserved black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups black bean paste, Lee Kum Kee brand
- 1 cup chili-garlic sauce, Lee Kum Kee brand
- 4 tablespoons brown bean sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup shaoxing wine
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons dried garlic, pieces
- 4 tablespoons dried ginger, small cubes
- 3 tablespoons dried onion, small cubes
- Place the black bean into a colander and run over with hot water and let the black bean drain until dry. Place the dry black bean into a lightly oil nonstick skillet and toast the black bean over a medium heat until well toasted. Place the toasted black bean into a stainless bowl and cool down room temperature.
- Combine all of the ingredients into the black beans and blend together and spoon into a glass jar and seal and place the refrigerator for three days before use.