1/1 Photo of Black Bean Onion Soup
A great, easy soup for chilly days. From the Healthy College Cookbook. But, not just college students will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft (approx 5-7 min/).
- 2Combine the onion and garlic in large pot with beans and water. Bring to a boil.
- 3Add the green pepper, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Allow to cool slightly and then puree half of the soup in a blender.
- 5Return mixture from blender to pot and heat to serving temperature.
- 6Top with cheese and serve with whole wheat bread or crackers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.9 g