Recipe by Paris D
I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to use it as a low-fat dip for veggies. Posted for ZWT8. I didn't add prep time because I have no idea how long it takes to cook black beans yet. We shall see...
- 2 cups black beans, cooked (measure this amount of cooked beans)
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup bean broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced, including some of the greens
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 -3 limes, Juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the beans in the water. Heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the scallion and spices and cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and turn off the heat.
- Coarsely puree the beans, scallion mixture, and cayenne in a food processor. Taste; if you want it hotter, add more cayenne in small increments. Add lime juice and salt to sharpen the flavors.