Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From www.tabasco.com...one of the hippest looking sites on the web. Can use mini tostada shells for the tortilla chips if you want. I like to use a combination of cheeses. Tabasco's Habanero Sauce is good with this, too if you're aiming for even more spiciness.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- tortilla chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium firm tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (ex ( Monterey Jack, cheddar, cotija, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, combine beans, cumin and TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread tortilla chips in a single layer over large baking sheet with edges slightly overlapping. Spoon approximately one teaspoonful of black beans onto each corn chip and top with onion, tomato, and cheese.
- Bake in oven 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts and nachos are heated through.
- Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro. Serve hot.
Easy, delicious, and packed with flavor! It also makes for a nicely colorful presentation. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 40
These nachos are so good, they're the only kind I make anymore. The chipotle sauce adds a wonderful smoky flavor and I too eat them with guacamole and sour cream. The fact that they're so quick and easy to make is pure icing.
This was awesome. I was looking for a way to make nachos w/out refried beans (ran out). I used the Tostitos Bite Size Gold. These are to small to layer on a cookie sheet, so layered 2 or 3 deep in a cake pan, then most of the beans, onions, tomato's and lotsa cheese. Cooked l4 min. then topped each portion with lettuce, sour cream & guacamole. Best nachos I ever had!!!