Recipe by COOKGIRl
From www.tabasco.com...one of the hippest looking sites on the web. Can use mini tostada shells for the tortilla chips if you want. I like to use a combination of cheeses. Tabasco's Habanero Sauce is good with this, too if you're aiming for even more spiciness.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- tortilla chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium firm tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (ex ( Monterey Jack, cheddar, cotija, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine beans, cumin and TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread tortilla chips in a single layer over large baking sheet with edges slightly overlapping. Spoon approximately one teaspoonful of black beans onto each corn chip and top with onion, tomato, and cheese.
- Bake in oven 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts and nachos are heated through.
- Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro. Serve hot.