Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Womens Health magazine. Reading through my magazine came across a number of summer salad recipes and they all looked great. I was inspired to make this and the Lime Biryani tonight. Doubled the recipes to last for the week. Posted them here so I don't lose them.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped avocado
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl combine dressing, benas, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and roast corn until lightly browned. Remove from heat, let cool and add corn and remaining ingredients to beans.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This is delicious! Made it for the holiday weekend and it was a big hit! Great flavors and ingredients. I did omit the avocado.