Recipe by kelly in TO
Tofu, black bean sauce, bok choy! A Rose Reisman recipe... This marinade is so good. For a heartier meal cook some whole wheat pasta or soba noodles and double the marinade to add to the finished dish.
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
Delish! Hubby especially liked the sauce. I subbed hot chili paste for the sweet, and we thought that it was perfect that way. I also served it with brown rice. It was easy to make and fast as well, making this perfect for a weeknight meal. Thanks for posting!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into squares (21/2 inches wide x 1/2 inch deep, about 3 cups)
- 4 bunches baby bok choy
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce, whisk the honey, chili sauce, black bean sauce, oil, garlic and ginger in a 9 inch baking dish until combined. Add the tofu and marinate for at least 10 minutes, or longer for more flavor. Remove the tofu and scape marinade off. Reserve the marinade!
- Spray a non stick skillet with cooking oil and brown the tofu on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side. Brush some sauce over the tofu, turn again and brush once more, cooking for 1 more minute. Set aside.
- Warm the remaining sauce in a small skillet over low heat.
- Steam the bok choy just until bright green, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Place the bok choy on serving plates.
- Top the bok choy with the tofu and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.