Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing summer salsa with an interesting sweet spicy flavour combination! My spin on another posted recipe. This one receives rave reviews everywhere I take it!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely chopped
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 5 mangoes, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (loosely packed)
- Combine ingredients, mix, allow to cool overnight if possible.
Call me a woos when it comes to hot peppers ~ Although I enjoy things like this, I do need to cut back on those ingredients! In this case, while making only half of the recipe, I also used just a third of a jalapeno & 1/8 of a teaspoon of the hot pepper flakes! Indeed, enough to share with some neighbors, who also enjoyed it ~ A GREAT TASTING SALSA & we all enjoyed the combo of black bean, mango & pineapple here! I'd thoroughly enjoy making this again! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Went to the Market Tag]