Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great side dish from W.W.
- 1 large mango, diced, divided (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sweet, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, fresh, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tablespoon canned jalapeno pepper
- In a large bowl, mash 1/4 cup of diced mango with a fork; whisk in lime juice, water, oil, cumin and salt.
- Add remaining diced mango, beans, tomato, onion, mint and jalapeno to bowl; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- *Make sure your mango is ripe enough that you can mash some of it with a fork (as per the instructions above).
I love this recipe. It's delicious and fresh. I use it as a salsa and also a topping for grilled salmon. The mango makes this recipe! Thanks for sharing
This is my favorite WW recipe. In fact, I just made a batch an hour ago. I use my Pampered Chef food chopper to mash the mango (it is much easier than using a fork). Also, I prefer the cilantro over the mint. Let it chill for at least 2 hours before serving. It lets the flavors meld.