Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a magazine ad for canned Dole pineapple. I would estimate more than 8 servings, but if the taste appeals -- the 8 may keep eating ! It takes a little forethought -prep time does not include cooking rice (white or brown) and chicken. Makes a nice luncheon salad with warm rolls and a bottle of Chardonnay.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free honey-dijon salad dressing
- Combine all ingredients except dressing in large bowl.
- Rinse rice with cold water to avoid "gloppy" leftovers.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Toss to coat.
perfect for a hot evening! i used extra red bell pepper & scallions because the others in this house don't like celery. The only think I would do differently is to rinse the rice - leftovers were gloppy. fabulous combination of flavors! i did add a decent amount of salt & pepper. Thank you! made for aussie swap 6/11. :)
I made this for a nice light lunch today and it was fabulous! It's very hot here and this was perfect to fill us up and keep us cool. Four of us ate it and we do have leftovers. I must say I was skeptical of the dijon dressing with pineapple but after trying it, I would not change it at all. The sweet/savory flavors of the chicken, fruit and dressing were wonderful and the rice and beans gave it a great texture! Thanks I will make this one again!