These looked exquisite and tasted great! I needed to make a dish for a vegetarian, a person who is lactose intolerant, and two toddlers along with other guests who were none of the above. I messed around with a few recipes and came up with this one that pleased everyone. I was even asked for the recipe, and one person asked to take home the leftovers. The recipe is fairly flexible. You can also add 1 can of corn and/or 1 chopped bell pepper, or a small can of chopped green chilies (drained). You can also use regular cheese, regular lasagna noodles, and cottage or ricotta cheese for the tofu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack-style soy cheese (Veggie Shreds) or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (Veggie Shreds)
- 1 (15 ounce) container silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- fresh cilantro stem (for decoration)
- 1Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well. Rinse with cold water and lay individually on kitchen towels.
- 2While noodles are cooking, combine 1 cup of soy cheese, tofu, chili powder, taco seasoning, salt and chopped cilantro. Add black beans.
- 3Spoon mixture onto lasagna noodles. Roll up noodles, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow ends.
- 4Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 8 ounces of salsa on the bottom. Place lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top with 16 ounces of salsa. Dish can be covered and frozen or refrigerated until ready to use.
- 5If going straight into the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with remaining 1 cup of soy cheese and bake 5 more minutes. (To serve from a frozen state, cover and cook one hour.)
- 6To serve, garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Lasagna Rolls (Oamc) (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 400.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat lasagna noodles
monterey jack-style soy cheese