Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A vegetarian lasagna, NOT Tex-Mex. From Sunshine Recipe website. This works best with no-boil lasagna noodles, but you can use the regular. Just make sure they're well covered with sauce, and when you take it out of the oven, cover the lasagna pan with a cookie sheet to hold in the heat and let things cook a little longer.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Over low heat simmer spaghetti sauce, water and beans.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese and egg and set aside.
- In an 11 x 13 inch pan place one cup of the bean mixture. Cover with 3 pieces of lasagna noodles, then spread about 1/3 of the ricotta over the noodles. Top with 1 cup of the bean mixture, then about 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat layers twice. Place remaining 3 lasagna noodles and pour the remaining bean mixture over all of it. Top with remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle with parmesan, too if you like.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking another 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Very good and healthy recipe. My boyfriend prefers things a little spicier, but that's easily taken care of with a little pepper. Also. makes a very nice presentation.