1 hr 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This Lasagna is a good Vegetarian dish. It can be made ahead up to 1 day and baked as directed or , freeze up to 1 month; thaw frozen casserole in fefrigerator overnight, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (ROTEL-Diced tomatoes with green chilies works great) or 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce, with seasoning (ROTEL-Diced tomatoes with green chilies works great)
- 1/4 cup fresh snipped cilantro
- 1 (12 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- sliced tomato (optional)
- fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2Mash one can of the beans and set aside; Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add onions, green sweet pepper, and garlic; Cook and stir over medium heat until tender but not brown, add the mashed beans,unmashed beans, tomato sauce, and snipped cilantro; heat through.
- 3In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream;set aside.
- 4Spray a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick coating; arrange 3 of the noodles in the dish; Top with one-third of the bean mixture, then spread one-third of the cheese mixture,repeat layers twice, ending with bean mixture;RESERVE the remaining cheese mixture.
- 5Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through; DOLLOP with reserved cheese mixture, Let stand 10 minutes, Garnish with tomatoes slices and cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 842.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g