Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you've never had jicama you need to try it. Good with broiled or grilled meats. Diabetic Friendly
- 3 cups black beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup jicama
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup corn
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- If using canned beans; rinse under cold water well. If using fresh you will need to cook them until tender. I use the canned, it's much easier.
- Dice all veggies except your jalapeno and set aside (don't dice them too fine, you'll still want to have a nice bite to them - Think same consistency as Salsa) Slice your jalapeno into thin round slices (use your judgement on these, less is more but if you're a lover of spicey food go for it!).
- Place all your ingredients in a bowl, mix well, salt and pepper to taste and cover. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve next to grilled or broiled meat.
made it for a birthday party and everyone loved it!