Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Epicurious. Can be made ahead of time.
- 2 large ears of corn, husked
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup peeled jicama (1/3-inch dice)
- 1⁄2 cup peeled carrot (1/3-inch dice)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill corn until tender and brown in spots, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut off corn kernels; place in large bowl.
- Add black beans, jicama, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and basil.
- Whisk lime juice, orange juice, lime peel, cumin, and remaining 4 tablespoons oil in small bowl.
- Mix dressing into bean salad. Season generously with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.).