Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posting b/c I want to be able to find this recipe when the grandchildren visit. It sounds yummy. Recipe from "Desperation Entertaining" by Beverly Mills & Alicia Ross whose recipes have never disappointed!
Top Review by cook from scratch
You saved dinner! We are scraping the bottom of the food pantry this week and I had a few ingredients for this recipe. That being said, I had to made a few substitutions ... granulated garlic and dried cilantro for fresh, and grapefruit juice for the lime. I know it is going to be awesome made as written. I served my boys the last two tortillas in the house and I ate with Sun Chips. YUM!
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled (or jarred garlic to equal 3 cloves)
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons smooth low-sugar peanut butter (*)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice from 1 to 2 limes, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop garlic and cilantro in food processor.
- Add beans, oil, and peanut butter and juice from one lime.
- Process until beans are pureed, appx 1 minute, stopping midway to scrape sides of processor bowl.
- Add remaining lime juice to taste.
- Serve at once or refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days.
- Serve with fresh veggies, such as carrot and celery sticks or cucumber slices or tortilla chips or bagel chips or pita wedges.
- *NOTE: For best results, use a "natural" style peanut butter with no- or low-sugar.