Recipe by Ms B.
Great dip to serve with toasted pita wedges, veggies, or chunks of grainy bread. I have friends who prefer this to "real" hummus.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Perfect blend of ingredients. So similar to my regular hummous recipe that I had to take a second glance. The blacks beans offset the garlic and the other spices beautifully. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe. CG
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drain and reserve liquid
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 10 black olives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add black beans, 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, tahini, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add additional seasoning and liquid to taste.
- Garnish with paprika and chopped black olives.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges, veggies (I like baby carrots, especially.), and/or chunks of grainy bread.