Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's so easy to make your own hummus, rather than the pay the price at your grocer. This one varies off from the traditional chickpea hummus. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained (liquid reserved if necessary)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- pita bread, wedges or tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with pita bread wedges or tortilla chips.
- Note 1: If you like your hummus a tad thinner, add a teaspoon at a time, additional water or liquid from the can.
- Note 2: To make pita wedges, cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for about 6 minutes, turning once.