Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A neighbor shared this recipe at a party...it is adapted from Mediterraneo in Hermosa Beach. It always draws rave reviews. It is on the spicy side after a couple of bites.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juiced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, more or less as needed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine garbanzo beans, black beans, olive oil, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice. With the motor running, drizzle in water until the beans are blended and a smooth consistency is achieved. Add the cayenne, cumin, salt, and black pepper, then blend again. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Makes 4 cups. keep covered and refrigerated until served, up to five days. Serve with bread, pitas, or chips.