Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A nice fresh take on a black bean hummus recipe. This one doesn't have peanut butter in it like some that I have seen.
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained well
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (I have used 1 small fresh tomato, and it works great!)
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded (I have also used a large fresh jalapeno for this)
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender for about 1-2 minutes until it is the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.