Recipe by flower7
This is my favorite hummus recipe. I adapted it from a recipe out of The Silver Palate Cookbook. Serve with pita bread, naan bread, crackers and/or veggies.
- 4 cloves garlic, to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained,rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse garlic cloves in a food processor until minced fine.
- Add beans and rest of ingredients.
- Use olive oil to taste, starting with 3 Tbsp and adding more if needed.
- Process until smooth and creamy, pausing to scrape down sides of processor bowl, as necessary.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Transfer to a storage container, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.