Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip can also be used for a burrito filling.
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or 2 tablespoons lard
- 28 ounces canned black beans, with liquid
- 4 1⁄2 ounces gorgonzola (or blue cheese)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Heat bacon fat in a frying pan, and add black beans.
- Simmer until beans are soft, about 10 minutes, and smash some until you get a thickened consistency.
- Add cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese and mix until well blended and cheeses are melted.
- Add the garlic cloves and Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce to taste.
- Refrigerate. When ready to serve heat in a 350 degree oven or nuke until hot and bubbly.
- Add sliced green onions and cilantro and serve immediately.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
We REALLY wanted to like this because everything in it is stuff we love, but it just didn't do it for us. I think part of it was that we couldn't get past the color of it - an unappetizing dark grey. I'm glad we tried it, but I wouldn't make it again. The ingredients are too expensive for something that doesn't WOW us. Thanks for posting, though!