Wonderful and healthy light lunch or first coarse. A fast and easy make ahead gazpacho. My sisters recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can spicy vegetable juice
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped and seeded cucumbers or 1/2 cup summer squash or 1/2 cup zucchini (or combination)
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet peppers or 1/2 cup yellow sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, juice, ham, beans, cucumber or squash, chopped pepper, green onions, and dressing.
- 2Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- 3If desired, serve with bottled hot pepper sauce.
- 4Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- 5*Note:If you're not so hot about hot and spicy food, you can use regular vegetable juice, or even the reduced-sodium version.
- 6Make-Ahead Tip: Combine ingredients; cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 266.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 17.9 g