Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful and healthy light lunch or first coarse. A fast and easy make ahead gazpacho. My sisters recipe.
- 3 cups chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can spicy vegetable juice
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and seeded cucumbers or 1⁄2 cup summer squash or 1⁄2 cup zucchini (or combination)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green sweet peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, juice, ham, beans, cucumber or squash, chopped pepper, green onions, and dressing.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- If desired, serve with bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- *Note:If you're not so hot about hot and spicy food, you can use regular vegetable juice, or even the reduced-sodium version.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Combine ingredients; cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.