Cake Baker's Note:
Tired of eating low carb and not having fudge? Give these little morsels a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 425.24 g can canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 88.74 ml coconut oil, melted or 88.74 ml butter
- 177.44 ml cocoa powder
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79-59.16 ml agave nectar, brown rice syrup, honey, maple syrup or 14.79-59.16 ml coconut nectar, to taste
- 1.23-2.46 ml stevia powder, to taste
- 0.25 ml sea salt (I like using Maldon salt flakes, pretty and tasty!)
- 1Put all ingredients (except salt) in high-powered blender (like a VitaMix) or food processor and process until totally smooth. I do not recommend using a normal blender, because mixture will be very thick and really hard to process.
- 2Line an 8"x4" loaf pan with saran wrap, or place saran wrap on a plate, and transfer fudge mixture to pan, pressing down firmly. If forming on a plate, form a rectangle and smooth edges as much as possible. Sprinkle with a little bit of coarsely ground sea salt. Place in the refrigerator, and let set for at least 1 hour, or until totally firm. Slice into 24 squares (approx 1" squares), and serve!
- 3Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days (but it won't last that long!). For longer storage, cut fudge squares can be frozen, and defrosted in the refrigerator or at room temperature until thawed. DO NOT microwave the frozen fudge to defrost it unless you want fudge sauce; the oil will melt!
- 5Mint fudge: add 1/2-1 tsp mint extract along with other ingredients, and blend as directed.
- 6Nutty fudge: add 2-4 Tbsp chopped nuts to mixture after blending or substitute 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil with nut/seed butter.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Fudge -- Low Carb and Healthy
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: