Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tired of eating low carb and not having fudge? Give these little morsels a try.
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -4 tablespoon agave nectar, brown rice syrup, honey, maple syrup or 1 -4 tablespoon coconut nectar, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon stevia powder, to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt (I like using Maldon salt flakes, pretty and tasty!)
- Put all ingredients (except salt) in high-powered blender (like a VitaMix) or food processor and process until totally smooth. I do not recommend using a normal blender, because mixture will be very thick and really hard to process.
- Line an 8"x4" loaf pan with saran wrap, or place saran wrap on a plate, and transfer fudge mixture to pan, pressing down firmly. If forming on a plate, form a rectangle and smooth edges as much as possible. Sprinkle with a little bit of coarsely ground sea salt. Place in the refrigerator, and let set for at least 1 hour, or until totally firm. Slice into 24 squares (approx 1" squares), and serve!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days (but it won't last that long!). For longer storage, cut fudge squares can be frozen, and defrosted in the refrigerator or at room temperature until thawed. DO NOT microwave the frozen fudge to defrost it unless you want fudge sauce; the oil will melt!
- Mint fudge: add 1/2-1 tsp mint extract along with other ingredients, and blend as directed.
- Nutty fudge: add 2-4 Tbsp chopped nuts to mixture after blending or substitute 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil with nut/seed butter.
These are good but I would make them without the maldon on top next time. Found that it make it a little too salty since the beans stll had salt even with rinsing. Great for low carb chocolate cravings! Made for PAC Spring '13