Recipe by kittycara
This was what I did with some leftover black beans that did not get used last night. It turned out really good. I just made enough for one, but am going to try to post as to use a whole can of black beans--so many possibilities.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was pretty good. I have never had cold black beans. I like black beans, but I really didn't care for them cold. I had leftovers which I warmed up the next day. I added chopped green onions to mine which improved on the flavor a little bit. I will be making this again. Thanks for a great recipe kitycara.
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any to you liking)
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sour cream, red pepper powder and garlic salt in a small bowl till well combined.
- Toss together the the black beans, chives and cheese.
- Mix the sour cream mixture together with the black bean mixture.
- I ate this by itself, but I also think it would work as a dip or even as a wrap sammie.