Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An excellent, easy, weeknight dinner.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 corn tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Saute onion in oil 2-3 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add half of the enchilada sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add canned black beans and heat through. Set mixture aside.
- In a 9" baking dish (square or circular), layer 5 tortillas. Follow with half of the bean mixture, then 3 oz of cheese.
- Add another layer of 5 tortillas, bean mixture and 3 oz cheese cheese.
- Top with last 5 tortillas, the remaining enchilada sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.