Recipe by Lizzybob
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds yummy. Its a Pillsbury Bake-0ff Winner.
Top Review by O-mama
UPDATED REVIEW: This has been a favorite recipe in my family since at least 2006. We've revised it a bit over the years--adding cheese and green chiles to the internal filling, substituting shredded chicken for seasoned ground beef, etc. The last three years we've had to get creative due to a dairy allergy in our family. What we do now is shredded chicken, rinsed black beans, chopped green chiles, and enough green enchilada sauce to hold it together a bit for the internals. We top with green enchilada sauce and sliced black olives. I miss cheese and sour cream.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 7 -8 fajita size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 green onions, chopped.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 400.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning& water-mix well.
- Cook about 4 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic-cook until tender.
- Add beans, enchilada sauce and green chiles.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil-remove from heat& stir in sour cream.
- Spoon ground beef mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up, seam side down in an ungreased 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Spoon bean& enchilada sauce mixture over filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Spoon salsa down center of casserole.
- Sprinkle with green onions.