Recipe by Dallas Chef W/Out Time
This is a great breakfast dish that comes together quickly. Perfect for a holiday morning! You can make it ahead of time, put it in the refrigerator and then just pop it in the over and bake.
Top Review by lalouche
This came out just ok - but to be fair it could be because I did not have pure dijon mustard on hand...used a different blend (not French's or something like that -but perhaps too strong for the eggs).
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325 degrees; grease a 9x11 baking dish.
- Saute onion in oil for 5 minutes; add cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Mix beans and onion, then pour into baking dish.
- Combine eggs, corn, milk, cheese, mustard, and cayenne in a large bow; pour over beans. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake until firm, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped herbs.