Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a healthy salad with lots of fiber and flavor!
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dry wheat berries
- 1 cup frozen edamame, without shells cooked and cooled
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Combine water and wheat berries in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 55 minutes or until tender.
- Place in strainer and run cool water over.
- Combine with rest of ingredients and refrigerate.
We enjoy this tremendously I add garlic to the dressing , feta cheese and spinach. U can do some much to this salad.?
What a refreshing and beautiful combo! The edamame is missing from the ingredient list, so I just added as much as I wanted. I used black beans from my garden instead of canned and green onions instead of red (I'm not crazy about raw onions). I did find the seasoning to be lacking - I doubled the vinegar, added some fresh basil, and served with some good quality sea salt.