Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small fresh chili pepper (your choice, pick your pain threshold)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except cilantro sprigs.
- Add 2 tbsps.
- water and process until smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve with your favorite fat-free tortilla chips.
I love this dip! I had store bought black bean dip one other time, so I didn't know what to expect from a homemade version. I couldn't be happier with the result! Oh, and make two batches because after seeing the result of 6 servings, I immediately made another batch to satisfy our craving for dip. Yummmmmmm