Recipe by Kay-t
dip for pita triangles, veggies, and pretzels. Also can be used to make quick burritos. From organicvalley.coop
Top Review by newspapergal
This is really good & easy, and it makes a lot. I left out the cilantro & doubled the garlic. I served this with whole-wheat homemade tortillas at a casual gathering, and I mixed the leftover dip with some cooked, chopped chicken & used it as enchilada filling -- it is great as that too. :)
- 15 ounces black beans
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 small red onion (minced)
- cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a medium bowl. Mash with fork until almost smooth.
- Add low-fat sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin; blend well.
- Mix in minced onion and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl and let stand at least 30 minutes to enhance flavor.
- Can be kept refrigerated for 48 hours.